Tips and Tricks in Procedural Dermatology: Efficient and Effective Approaches to Achieving Optimal Diagnostic and Therapeutic Results
By Robert T Brodell, Stephen E Helms, Jeremy D Jackson, Michael T Cosulich, William Abramovits,
Ashish C Bhatia, Jennifer Schulmeier
This unique compendium of practical Tips and Tricks in Procedural Dermatology highlights techniques designed to enhance common dermatologic tests and surgeries. The goal of these innovations is to maximize outcomes by providing simple, quick, efficient, effective, almost "fail-safe" office surgeries that minimize expense and risk for the benefit of our patients.
Careful descriptions, clinical photographs and artistic renderings are utilized to demonstrate:
- Optimal methods for performing common office dermatologic tests: potassium hydroxide, scabies, and Tzanck preparations
- Proper choice of biopsy location
- Improvements in routine surgical procedures including shave and punch biopsies, curettage, and suturing techniques
- Techniques involving chemical destruction of appropriate lesions
- Novel enhancements of complex procedures in dermatologic surgery including Mohs surgery, elliptical excisions, nail procedures, flaps and grafts
- Cryotherapy and cryosurgery tips to improve outcomes
- New approaches to light-based therapy including photodynamic therapy, vascular lesion laser, pigmented lesion laser, fractionated CO2, laser, and intense pulsed light (IPL) technologies.
Chapter 12, 15 and 16 have videos.